JOIN THE STELLAR LEDGERS TEAM
We are looking for a self-motivated Accounting professional with advanced knowledge and understanding of GAAP and financial principles and terms with prior experience. Leadership skills and people skills are a plus in this role you will be reviewing the work of others while also maintaining other duties and responsibilities. The successful candidate is a detail-oriented, team player, who can maintain efficiency and accuracy when multitasking.
The Senior/Lead Accountant includes preparing and analyzing the financial records of small to medium-sized businesses. Senior Accountants are responsible for executing a variety of financial procedures, including review of month-end and year-end closings, accounts payable and receivable, bank reconciliations, general ledger reviews, forecasting, and budgeting. The lead accountant compiles financial statements, reviews data, and ensures financial compliance according to GAAP.
Senior accountants should possess solid communication, technology, organizational and analytical skills. A minimum of three years’ experience, along with a bachelor’s degree in accounting required. Accreditations such as certified public accountant (CPA) or certified management accountant (CMA) also are preferred.
- Preparing financial reports, such as balance sheets and income statements, and cash flow statements.
- Performing monthly balance sheet, income statement and changes in financial position/budget variance analysis
- Assisting in the design and preparation of budgets for review by management
- Financial statement projections and sales and cash forecasts
- Prepare financial dashboards of KPIs for clients
- Following up with clients on supporting documentation
- Maintaining and reconciling fixed assets schedules
- Reviewing bookkeeping staff work deliverables
- Assisting with research, filing, data entry, and recording and maintaining accurate and complete financial records.
- Handling sensitive or confidential information with honesty and integrity.
- Taking on additional tasks or projects to learn more about accounting and office operations.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Accounting and working toward your CPA designation
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Minimum 10 years experience in accounting
- Prior experience with Quickbooks and Xero Cloud Accounting software is required
- Aptitude for math, proficiency with computers
- Able to work in a virtual environment and Have a computer or laptop
- High level of efficiency, accuracy, and responsibility
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Proficient in word processing and spreadsheet software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team
- Strong understanding of federal, state, and local tax regulations
Stellar Ledgers® LLC is a boutique virtual financial firm founded in Houston, Texas. We are growing our team and are looking for a self-motivated and experienced Accountant who loves working with numbers and small businesses to join us remotely. Our core offerings include financial accounting, consulting, and training services that we provide to small to medium-sized businesses across the United States. We specialize in professional service-based businesses in the health care, medical, management consulting, legal, and marketing industries.
The role includes accounting and bookkeeping activities such as recording business activity transactions with the proper account classifications and following up on any queries and month-end close activities including but not limited to bank reconciliations, credit card reconciliation generating a trial balance, general ledger, and financial reports according to GAAP.
Accountant Job Responsibilities:
- Provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information in accounting software.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports according to GAAP.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guides any accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
This role is in a virtual environment working from home remotely Monday – Friday Part-time. The opportunity to grow with an emerging boutique firm exists for longevity and stability.
Accountant Qualifications / Skills:
- Reporting Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Reporting Research Results
- SFAS and GAAP Rules
- Time & Data Entry Management
- General Math Skills
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in accounting, or finance
- CPA a Plus
- Minimum 5 years experience in accounting
- Experience with financial reporting requirements
- Experience in working with Quickbooks and/or Xero Accounting Software
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of efficiency, accuracy, and responsibility
HOW TO APPLY
Click here to apply and submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org